Re: AO-27 Woes

In a message dated 99-02-26 14:09:13 EST, wowens@dpnet.net writes:

> Jeff Johns wrote:
>
>  > Okay... I have convinced myself that it's not me or my radio but that AO-
> 27
>  > does not stay active for entire passes over my QTH like it used to do.
Why
>  > is it turning off before it passes entirely over North America?
>  >

>  Hey Jeff, was listening to K5OE this morning and AO-27 went "CLICK" then
>  nothing at all, I think you are right.
>
>  Will Owens
>  N3ZLL

Hi Guys,

As you probably know, AO-27 only works in the daytime when it is in sunlight.
There is a system on board AO-27 that controls when it turns on/off. This
system needs periodic updates. Have you ever heard what sounded like digital
data on AO-27? and you were unable access it? This is the control op updating
the system.

I noticed last weekend when I was on that it was shutting off early. I'm sure
one of the control ops will reset the system soon. Please be patient.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
"A closed mouth gathers no feet."