Re: 1296 Transverter design advice

After seen comments about the difficulty about using serially configured
PLLs, I thought I should mention that I agree for many it's an issue and
using parallel programmed PLLs are the way to go.  The PLLs we use on our
converted Qualcomm synthesizers for the San Diego Microwave Group are the
type 3036 series which can be run as either serial or parallel. We normally
reprogram them for the parallel mode and just tie the approprate pins high
or low for a fixed LO. The conversion is a one evening project to get a
phase locked LO running on your chosen frequency.
 - Kerry N6IZW -

Kerry Banke
kbanke@qualcomm.com
Qualcomm Inc.