Re: 1296 Transverter design advice

> To:            davemetz@muscanet.com
> Date:          Thu, 25 Feb 1999 13:36:09 CST
> Subject:       Re: [amsat-bb] 1296 Transverter design advice
> From:          Joseph V Murray <k0vty@juno.com>

> Hi David
>
> You have touched upon a sensitive spot for myself and probably many more
> lads out in the satellite Ham world.     If you would be so kind, I would
> like to stay in touch with your effort and what others provide.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe  K0VTY
> ------------------------

Dear Joe,

Thanks for your kind comments.  So far I have learned that the DEM
transverter leaves something to be desired.  L.O. problems mostly.
Also that transmit power is costly to come by.  I'm hoping that open
discussion may stimulate some ideas and experimentation.  Perhaps
together we can come up with a practical design and get something
published.

If nothing else, maybe we'll stimulate some technical discussion
on the reflector.

--73-- David WA0AUQ