RE: Help with setting up DSP-12 with FT-847

I ran into a similar problem setting up a TNC for the first time a few weeks
ago. I eventually realized that while I had built the TNC-to-transceiver
cable to resemble the pinout drawings in the manuals,   it was incorrect.
The drawing was for the transceiver SOCKET, not the connector.  I had to
mirror-image the pinouts to work.   I apologize if this seems obvious to
old-timers,  but it was not to me.