1296 Transverter design advice

Dear Group,

I'm planning to build a transverter for 1296 as my next project and
am looking for your recomendations on the design.  I'd like to
do something other  then the "no tune" kit.  Its more fun that way.

This transverter would be for SSB weak signal work.  A lot of
its time would be for "L" band uplink service on P3D when it
flys.  In other words, I'm looking for a few watts of output.

Any comments, sage advice, and design recomendations
(such as for the  L.O. pre-amp,filters and P.A.) would be
appreaciated.

I'm currently considering used my TR-851A 70cm rig as the I.F.
This would free up my two meter system for use as the receiving
I.F. for another microwave band.

--73-- David WA0AUQ

davemetz@muscanet.com