Re: FT847 and FO 20/29 question

Mike,

To tune the recieve only while in Sat Mode (Rx, Tx Track & N/R lights are
lit) push
the a>b button under the Track light. Now each VFO's will tune seperately.
The sub tune vfo
pot is rather slow so usually we flip it in to the main VFO for big
movements. The buttons under the RX TX lights (home & VFO/M) will flip the
main & sub vfo,s so you can use the big tuning knob for adjustment.
Push the button under the Tx light, now the tx frequency on the right
moves over to VFO control and just the tx will tune. Pushing the rx (home)
will bring the recieve freg into the Main VFO.
To move around the band carrying the split with you push Track again, move
to new freq then again disable tracking and tune the desired
freq (rx or tx) as above. The sub button on the lower right when pushed will
flash the usb icon on the sub VFO and will allow you to select cw ssb ect on
that vfo with out first ,moving it into the main VFO.

The FT847 is easy to use once you play with it a little bit.
Good luck, if you have any questions let me know.

Al Emer N2YAC