Re: SSTV & fo20 a success

Hi Tony,

Congratulations on the experiment.

>I was surpised to hear that following the doppler from FO-20 wasn't
>that difficult when copying the SSTV signal in SSB.   I havn't had the
> opportunity to try it other than FM SSTV from Mir.  Oscar ten would be
> the ultimate in SSTV  work (DX SSTV !) but it looks like it will be in
> the "sleep mode" for a while, we'll have to wait and see.

I look forward to that and hope to make contact with you on AO-10 SSTV
sometime. Choosing the right time in those deep QSB troughs should be
interesting, especially as they can come at different times on each side
of the Atlantic. (Based on observations on long QSOs with Mike KF4FDJ)

Another aim of mine is to try using PSK31 on AO-10. Finding a time when
the doppler shift is minimal at both ends of the QSO would probably be
the first obstacle. I've been experimenting with PSK31 on 2m and it is
possible on VHF though even a small percentage drift at those
frequencies can cause the loss of a sig which is only 31.25Hz wide.

73  John  M1BTR (Lincolnshire, England)
--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk     M1BTR@GB7SKG
  QRV 6m 4m 2m 70cm   Member: RIG  RSGB  UKRS