Yaesu Rotator Orientation

If I had asked about the proper orientation of the G-5400B on this reflector, I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten mine 180 off.  This is for those who may have the same problem.

When I put all the components together, I made sure that both sets of wire terminals were on the same side of the rotator - that seemed like the logical choice.  The wire terminals should be on the Northern face; otherwise, when you press the down switch the antennas rotate up.  Imagine my surprise and confusion when this occurred.  So, this week and weekend will be spent turning the rotator 180 deg., re-orienting the antennas to North in the "zero" position and running my coax (if it arrives).  I *hope* I can start listening this weekend.

Thanks.

Joel B. Black
jbblack@mindspring.com
ks4aw@amsat.org