LEO survey.

Hi Randy and list.

NOTE:  IF RANDY'S LIST OF SATELLITE CONTACTS AND REQUEST FOR INFO
	 DIDN'T INTEREST YOU, THEN NEITHER WILL THIS.

				PRESS DELETE NOW !!!

	Just jumped into Excel and pulled out all the callsigns
for Mode A and MIR contacts.  Boy, I need to spend more time
on the satellites.  Remember, I just got back into satellites
on 25 Dec 1997, after 20 years away.  Here are the totals.

Total Mode A QSO = 90		Total MIR QSO   = 33
Total callsigns  = 77		Total callsigns = 24
QSL Ratio        = 84.4%	QSL Ratio       = 50.0%
					QSL% - NEW      = 70.8%

	First, it is apparent that the Mode A operators QSL better
than the MIR operators on average, even if you remove the 5
latest MIR contacts.  BUT... I have never sent 2 QSL cards to
any of the MIR contacts, and I have to all of the mode A
contacts, with a pre-made return cards and SASE.  I guess some
won't even just sign it and send it.  Anybody got any secrets
to getting those last QSLs???

	List of callsigns of mode A and MIR contacts are below.
An  X  means no QSL returned.  An  X NEW  means QSL is on its
way to them for this weekends latest contact.  I am interested
in seeing how others are doing.  It will take years for me to
top 19,978 satellite QSOs, even if I count the ones I did in
Europe on AO-6, 7, and 8.  Maybe when I retire again!!!  <VBG>

Vy73,  Mike.  KD9KC.  MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@whc.net    -    kd9kc@amsat.org
Home  page:   http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
El Paso, where the sun spends the winter.

Mode A	No QSL	MIR		No QSL
AB4OO				AB7IC
K5OE				K4ZO		X
K5TVC				K5JW