Re: SSTV Fuji 20 next 2 passes

Tony,

I was able to copy one of the images on the last pass.  It was the one of the lighthouse, cars, and people walking around.  The image had a noticable green cast to it, and is not terribly clear.  It was a good experiment.  I will wire for transmission tomorrow if you want to try a 2 way exchange.  I am sending the image to you in a private post, so you can see the quality.

73, and good science!  Mike kf4fdj@amsat.org

Tony/AB2CJ wrote:

       Greetings all    I will be experimenting with SSTV on FO-20 this evening at 23:40 and 01:30 UTC.I thought it would be best to use Robot 36 to shorten the time it takes to transmit animage. I also thought it would be best to use the upper portion of the pass band at435.885 mHz, since the upper portion sees little activity.  The lower portion containscw ops (I'm one of them) and is used more often.  The software I use is W95SSTV andcan be down loaded from www.siliconpixels.com . Since the doppler effect at 70cm canmake it dificult to copy an picture, one can use the spectral display built into W95SSTVto keep the 1200hz sync tone centered by tuning the VFO.  I will ID in CW before andafter each image and will wait for a period to listen for any images or replies.  If anyonefeels the upper portion of the band shouldn't be used for SSTV please let me know.   Hope to see u there....Tony73, AB2CJ

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home