Re: ANTENNA DESIGN

k4qfe@bellsouth.net writes:
>  JERRY;
>  LIKED YOUR ANTENNA DESIGN IN THE JAN/FEB '99 AMSAT JOURNAL.
>
>  SEVERAL QUESTIONS, IF YOU PLEASE.
>
>  1. IS ANTENNA AT 30 OR 45 DERESS AZIMUTH ?
I found 30 degrees to be about optimum, putting as much gain at the horizon as
possible without creating an overhead null.

>  2. SHOULD TOP OF LOOP'S BE CONNECTED TOGATHER ?
It won't really matter (theoretically), but I had the loops insulated from
each other.

>  3. DID YOU LEAVE TEST COAX CONNECTED OR REMOVED ?
Remove the test coax.  The dimensions in the article, as pointed out by N4SL,
are incorrect and should be 20-3/8" and 30-3/8" (plus or minus).

>  4. IS THE PHASING LINE STORED IN UPPER OR LOWER PVC ?
I "stuffed" the phasing line in the lower pvc "mast" between the feedpoint and
the reflectors.

>  LOOKING FORWARD TO BUILDING THIS ANTENNA. PLAN ON USING BRASS WELDING
>  RODS FOR THE LOOP'S.

Those should work well.
73,
Jerry