Re: STUPID DIGITAL QUESTION

At 01:28 PM 2/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Randy.
>
>> At 11:23 AM 2/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> >automated, I wouldn't even have to be home to work these satellites.
>> >Try doing that with analog satellites.  :-)
>>
>> I have from over 288 different locations. They include 37 different states
>> and 137 different grid squares (250 if you count all 6 characters). In fact
>> 30.8% of the satellite QSO's in my log are away from my home station (6,150
>> out of 19,994). I have worked AO-27, AO-21, Mir, Mir UHF repeater, FO-20,
>> FO-29, RS-12, RS-10 and several shuttle missions away from home.
>
>And all these contacts were made while you were at work,

Yes, During lunch and break time. I figured if my boss could go outside and
smoke during break that I could go out and work AO-27! I made over 3,700 QSO's
that way.

> on the road,

For at least 68 satellite passes. It helps if your wife likes to drive!
Can't easily tell you how many QSO's for that but I have worked mobile on

I-15,24,70,75,80,84,90,95,295 etc.
and
US-1,13,27,95,101 etc.

I have done a few QSO's when I have been the only one in the car but most
of the time I pull over and work the birds with a short yagi pointed out
the window.

>asleep,

Some may think I do but I don't remember any :)

Besides my antenna's are above my bedroom and my wife does not appreciate
being woke up by them. So my station does not work the 9600 birds while I
sleep.

> or doing other things at the time?

Yes, Skiing, kayaking, fishing, boating, hiking etc.

 73, Randy N7SFI