Re: STUPID DIGITAL QUESTION

Mike, you could not be more than right. I did run a Packet BBS for many
years, and it severed a purpose, to keep the locals in touch with each
other and to provide information. I spent many hundreds of dollars building
a 1200 and 9600 baud digital satellite station. Only to be board out of my
skull in about five minutes. The trouble with it is that unless you have a
friend on the other side of the globe you want to keep in touch with, what
the heck are you going to do? I sat and watched the data download on each
pass, and was board. Now all this equipment sits in a box. The analog birds
are great, you can talk to someone and make friends. For the most part it
is my opinion is that the digital birds are a great achievement, but are
not of much use, given the amount of money spent.

Now after saying that, I have warmed up my delete button for the normal
flames, that this list is so well known for.

73 Dave