Re: Working the digital birds

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Steven R. Bible wrote:

> >Does anyone have any experience working the digital birds with the new
> >Kenwood TH-D7A HT?

> Yes...  [snipped]..  But the HT is not able to operate full duplex for
> the satellite (it can with a little surgery but I have not verify this).

Steve, I did do the Kenwood suggested one-jumper mod to my HT for
crossband data duplex and it did *not* work.  Problem was the internal CPU
was then looking at the wrong DCD.  This is not easily solvable, so we
dropped the concept of transmitting to the birds.  But Receive only is
just fine.

de WB4APR, BOb