Full-wave loop for 2 meters

 Hello all, I experimented with a full wave loop for 2M yesterday.I had some
heavy aluminum sheet metal,about .075"  thick left over from another antenna
experiment.
 It was cut in strips about an inch wide and I used the 1005/144.2 formula to
find the
length. I cut a 1/4" thick piece of plexi-glass for the center
insulator/support,bent the
whole mess into a hoop,and screwed it to a piece of 1 1/2" PVC pipe, I added a
1/4
wave length of 75 ohm RG-59 just to see what would happen.About 8 feet off the
ground(test position) I got about 1.3:1 at 146 mhz using my Yeasu YS-500 swr
meter and 10 watts.Lower in the band the swr got lower,higher it got higher
but never over 1.4:1.Hmmmm. This thing might work for horizontal polarization,
but I would think you would need some sort of ground plane/reflector for high
angle work. Maybe I can mount it up higher this weekend and see what it does.
Good luck, Bill K