Re: help with sstv mir

Hello fellow hams.
   Sorry to bother everyone, but I am having trouble receiving the mir sstv
pics. Can anyone help me?
   First question. I have an mfj 1278 tnc with mfj sstv software. I saw a post
a long time ago that this software supports the Robot 36 mode. I cannot find
it on mine. I have tried to capture sstv, and all I get is a black screen. I
realize I am a newbie to sstv. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am not
sure.
   Second question. In 1984 I copied Owen Garriot sending sstv down from the
shuttle to a tape recorder, with the thought of someday trying to view the
signal. I have not been able to figure out what mode he was sending? Can
anyone help me?
   Please respond directly to     cbouck@aol.com
   Thanks to all for the bandwidth. Chris KB4CMF