Re: Anyone know . . .

>     Anyone [known] anything about this. ...
>
> First order of business.  PLEASE do not post virus warnings or chain
letters

While I generally agree, this one is real.  See
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/happy99.worm.html

More importantly, it has appeared in many of the mailing lists I read. As
you say, you shouldn't execute anything you get in Email, but the best
of us have accidently clicked on things, and this particular worm will
send itself to people under the name of people that you might trust. So
even though it is not amsat related, it IS mailing list related, and
although it is easy to remove, it is still best to know to watch out for it.