Russian Cosmos Award

It has been awhile since I mentioned this. About a year ago, I sent over to
Moscow for Cosmos Awards for three stateside hams. Last week, I received
them back in the United States and forwarded them to the respective hams.

They were,
Mike, N1JEZ  (Award #49)
Robert, KB4NVD (Award  #50)
Bob, WE1U (Award #51)

They were issued in December, 1998. I have Award #6, issued in March,
1997. As you can see, the award has become very popular.

If you would like to submit for the award, I am once again taking applications
for it. There will be someone from NASA going over to Moscow and we will
hand carry all the paperwork over.

Qualifications:
You must have 100, 200 or 300 contacts with QSL cards in hand on LEO
satellites.

Print out a list of these contacts and have the contacts on the list certified by
two hams. They must verify that you have all the cards for those contacts.
Then send that list with signatures and a statement "I would like to apply for
the Cosmos Award. Enclosed are XXX (insert 100, 200, or 300) contacts for
Diploma X (enter 1, 2, or 3)."

Sign your name, enclose $5 for the certificate and put it in an envelop and
mail it to me

Bruce Paige
PO Box 310
Alief, TX 77411

I will then take all these envelopes and forward them to my friends at NASA
who will carry them over for Karen, RA3APW and his wife Natalie, RW3ABI
to carry to the Central Radio Club for processing. Then, someday, we will
have someone returning from Moscow to the U.S. and I will forward them
back to you. This last trip, Sergei Samburov, RV3DR (President of AMSAT
Russia) carried them from Moscow as he was coming here for an ARISS
meeting.

Please let me know via EMAIL if you are going to submit for the award. That
way, should we have someone going over sooner than anticipated, I can let
you know to hurry.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on GE-1 (W1), T12, 5.7MHz at 103 deg