[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Oersted/Sunsat delay



The last cancellation of the ARGOS launch was carried by many services and
it seemed unnecessary to indicate more bad news.
     At the present time there will be a delay until at least Feb 12 at
the usual time---1039 UTC.  The weather is very stormy with surface winds
which would cause a cancellation regardless of the the upper winds.
Predictions for Thursday night/Friday morning weather look fairly good.
     There is a problem in that another military launch is scheduled just
prior to ARGOS which would cause an understandable delay.  Further, there
has been some talk about removing the fuel in the second stage which of
course would mean far more than a few days postponement. No confirmation
of this possibility has happened, however.  Cliff K7RR     k7rr@arrl.net

----
Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org



AMSAT Top AMSAT Home