EM20 Report--Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained

Well, I guess I knew FO-29 was not a fair test for FO20.  It takes me
considerable more uplink power here at home to make the trip on FO-20 than on
FO-29 and that's what it looked like tonight.  Jeff, KB2WQM, and I were at an
appropriately abandoned parking lot at the designated time, and we heard many
FB signals.  We were ever circle once by what we assume was security.

Among those heard, W0IT, Stan, and W0SAT, Jerry, were very solid copy early in
the pass.  Later, K5VAS, Paul, and KD4FDJ, Mike, were heard calling us by both
calls and saying such things as:  "I bet they can hear us and just can't get
into the bird."  If only you had been there to hear those words and feel our
anguish.  The truth is we were able to ping the bird near both horizons, but
couldn't get a solid uplink above 10 degrees (ground effect?) with 10 Watts
and casual pointing.

Thanks to all who listened for us and especially those who called.
Jerry, K5OE