AO-10 "napping"

AO-10 appears to be entering another sleep period due to poor solar angle.
This evening, the beacon is quite weak and FM'ing.  I can barely detect a
CW uplink signal which also exhibits FM'ing.

If the past is any indication, and it may not be if AO-10 is attitudinally
unstable, this sleep will last about 4-6 weeks before gradually improving
over another 4-6 weeks.  We'll see what happens.  The signals are currently
too weak for ranging data.  NORAD appears to have re-acquired AO-10, though
I'm a bit skeptical of their reported keps, particularly the mean motion.
Since their approach does not require an active transponder, they will
hopefully refine their calculations over the next few weeks.

  Stacey E. Mills, W4SM    WWW: 	http://www.cstone.net/~w4sm/ham1.html
   Charlottesville, VA	   PGP key:	http://www.cstone.net/~w4sm/key.asc