Re: What am I doing wrong?

Paul et al,

Correct.  The 847 will full duplex any 2 bands, and does modes A, B, and J quite
well.  Mode K?  It has 4 antenna inputs, one of which is allocated to HF.  I
suppose one could use a duplexer to allow simultaneous 15 meter transmit and 10
meter receive, but out-of-the-box, the rig will do all modes currently in use
except mode K.

73, Mike kf4fdj@amsat.org