What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

I am new to the BBS so for give my ignorrance. But I need a little help.
Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong. After trying for about a
week I have been able to work into 0 satellites, and have only heard one! I
am using an FT-847 driving to vertical omnidirectional antennas. For 430 I
have a disccone up about 30 feet, and for 145 (mHz) I have a quarter wave
up about 50 ft. I know that my antennas are modest to say the least. Am I
asking to much of them? The FT-847 puts out about 50 watts on both bands,
(430 and 145 mHz) and is capable of cross band full duplex operation.

The only other problem that could guess is that my tracking software is
faulty. I am using WinOrbit 3.5 (I think 3.5) and the latest 2 line keps
from ARRL and AMSAT.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can make for a FNG.
73 ES HPE TO QSO SAT WITH U
Paul K8IDX