Re: right tnc for my 9600 card modem

Affan,

This modem can be used with any TNC having a TAPR-style modem disconnect
header.  This includes the MFJ 1270C and PacComm Tiny-2 MKII (and some
others as well).  These are both sold without the add-on modem (a 1200 baud modem is
built into the TNCs.)

The modem card can also be used with some TNCs which do not have
this header, but do have other provisions for connecting an external
modem.  Additional wiring will be needed in this case.

I don't have a current PacComm price list, but the MFJ advertisement in
the latest QST shows the 1270C at $119.95 (US).  I believe the Tiny-2
is in the same price range or maybe slightly higher.

Both of these companies have web sites where you can obtain more
information:

http://www.paccomm.com
http://www.mfjenterprises.com

73,