RE: FT736 R switch on help please

Nick, have you investigated the power switch?  It sounds to me as if the
contacts in it are making erratic contact but I am not familiar with how the
power switch works in this transceiver.  Simple mechanical things go bad
more often than electronic components.   You appear to need some help with
troubleshooting.  Disconnect the rig from the power supply and try measuring
resistance across the switch,  open and closed, with an ohmmeter.  With the
switch closed, resistance should be only a couple of ohms at most.

Rick,  KB5GAF