Re: OSCAR SKN BEST FIST WINNERS

Paul, KB5MU wrote:

>How about an SKN event that isn't on New Year's Eve?
>I always miss this event because I'm away from home
>visiting family at that time of year.

I second the motion.  I don't think I've ever participated in Straight Key
Night.  It's not because I didn't want to, but because for me, New Year's
Eve is the time to be with family and close friends, in-person.

>Maybe SuperBowl Sunday would be a good day ...

I have no desire to engage in religious debate  :-)

But some evening when there's a decent chance of people being home--and
they don't have to get up early for work the next morning--would be ideal.
The day before a Monday Federal holiday would work well for the U.S., but
that doesn't help people in other countries.  Or how about a random
Saturday night?

I concede that finding an alternative might not be easy, but I have always
thought that New Year's Eve was a lousy night for an on-air event.

73 from KD7MW
----