ZNAMYA and Amateur Radio

As you know, the Russian Znamya "Space Mirror" experiment is to be deployed
at 1004 UTC on February 4.  In conjunction with this experiment, a group of
amateur radio operators in the Northeastern United States have created a
"piggyback" experiment using two meter amateur radio.  The idea is to
"bounce" a radio signal off the mirror and have it return to earth.

	This experiment comprises many variables,  such as the angle at which the
mirror is deployed, whether the material is capable of reflecting our
signals, even the timing (because we all work for a living and may not be
available when the bird goes over us).

	Be that as it may, the ZAREX (Znamya Amateur Radio Experiment) Working
Group invites your participation.  First, any licensed ham may respond to
our CQ signals -- we'd love to make some contacts.  Second, we will
acknowledge any signal reports from hams or others who might hear our
attempts.  This is being done in cooperation with Energia Ltd., the Russian
firm which is performing the Znamya 2.5 experiment.

	For more information, including frequencies and modes of operation, please
visit our web site at http://www.bcn.net/~dhorton/zarex.html

	To reach the Working Group directly via email: zarex@nobarc.com

	Here's hoping to get a signal to you sometime on the 4th or 5th of February!

			Don Horton  N1ISB
			Dennis Richards  N1HYJ
			Rick Smith  KA1SON
			George Bourassa KB2SAE
			John Lindley  WA1ZHM

        |\     /|           Don Horton  N1ISB   FN32kp
        | ``''' |           President, Northern Berkshire Amateur Radio Club
        \(O) (O)/
      __  \   /  __         http://www.bcn.net/~dhorton/index.html
   --oooO--(_)--Oooo--