Re: SWR problem w/ KLM18C

Mike,

Two quick things to look at before you whip out the wallet.
Check both of the dipole elements (the loop shaped ones) to see that the top
of these
loops are not touching the boom.  On the KLM 18c if the mount screws are too
tight it tends to make the element touch the boom.

Test the circularity switching by having a friend with a circular switchable
antenna transmit to you while you switch back and forth from left to right
circularity. If there is no detectiable difference in the signal between
your stations then the polarities are being enabled correctly.

The switch box is a CS-2. The relay is RY1 = Guardian #1365. This relay
requires 9-15 v at around 100mA

The 18c should be able to acheive 1.2:1 easily

Good Luck

Al Emer N2YAC