SWR problem w/ KLM18C

Good morning again,
   I know this question has come up before but....I didn't own one of
these then.!
   I'm having trouble with a KLM18C that I picked up used. I'm
reading about a  ~ 2.5:1 VSWR. Of course I don't have a "good"
SWR bridge for 435 either.  (Radio Shack)  The antenna does have
the polarity swich on it and I'm not sure I got the owners manual
with in anyway.
Questions
   1.  Can I get a different feed harness from KLM that will bypass
the switch box? Any idea how much?
   2. Since I don't have paper work handy, what's the best way to
check out the antenna and switch box.
   3. Assuming its the relay in the switcher, does anyone have the
replacement part number and source handy from the last time this
problem came up on the list?

   Thanks in advance,  Mike KA7HBB