FT736 R switch on help please

I am not sure if this is the right news group to write to, but as everyone here is interested in satellite working, I thought perhaps some of you might own a yaesu FT736 R

I have a small nigly problem that has recently started and is probably a PSU fault.

When running from mains, I switch on the radio and nothing happens.

Switching it off/on again and it springs to life !!

turning off for a few mins and then turning it on again produces the same results, ie it needs two pushes to get it on.

Has anyone seen this before and could you offer me guidance in rectifying the fault

Thanks in advance

Nick

G1BVI

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home