KR500 Question - pot setting?

Good morning all,
    I'm trying to get a KR500 back together thats been apart for over
a year.
   My questions is......Does anyone know how many turn pot is used on
the KR500 and what might the resistance be when it's in the
"verticle" position?
   I'm hoping to get it together this week-end and I know I've had to
rotate the pot gear many times while I've been cleaning and lubing
the parts.  So, I'm going to try to get it close to the correct
position using an ohm meter beforepowering the control up.
    I'm not sure this is the best way to do it, but my intention is
to pre-set the unit for straight up, excersise the motor to insure
it's going to work and then do the finish assembly.
   Please reply direct so we don't have to tie up the BBS with this.
    Thanks, Mike KA7HBB