The power system of KO-23 is unstable.

Hello.

This is KO-23 command ground station.
We first found that the TX0 of KO-23 was tripped off on August 18th 1998.
Since that time, The TX0 of KO-23 has been tripped off  frequently. and we have solved that problem by turning it on again.
Such a thing was found on January 17th, 1999. and we turned it on again.
It was turned on, but we knew it was turned off at the next pass time as well as we couldn't see any bbs signal at that time.
We turned it on repeatly but it was turned off
we noticed that one of it's battery cells was very unstable
and the problem has been broken out when KO-23 was in maximum eclipse period.
Also we detected the power of almost all system  of KO-23 was off as well as TX0 was off,  since January 17th, 1999.
We are analyzing the relation between the life cycle of battery cells and  the matter.

Thus, the operation of KO-23 will be stopped for a while because of the above trouble.
As soon as we have a conclusion,  we will give you another notice.

73

>From HL0ENJ

KyungHee Kim, research fellow

SaTReC, KAIST