Franklin Park Magnet School Satellite day was great!

Thanks to all who helped make the Franklin Park Magnet School, Satellite Field
Day a total success!

You should have seen the looks on their faces when they realized those voices in
that tiny little radio connected to that odd looking antenna were talking to
them!  We did take some pictures, and I'm sure they will tell the tale.

Franklin Park Magnet School is the elementary school in Lee County, called the
STEM school.  Stem is an acronym for Science, Technology, Environment, and
Math.  Here we have planted a seed for space scientists, and satellite
operators.  A couple of the students seemed genuinely interested in getting
their license.  A copy of the study guide will soon be on it's way to Miss
Contino's class.

They were reviewing the tape after the pass, and Miss Contino had them putting
stickers on the map for all the cites we worked.  If you'd like to send a QSL
card for our contact, please send it directly to the class. The contact could be
KF4FDJ/FPMS.  Please send them to:

Miss Contino's 5th Grade Class
Franklin Park Magnet School
2323 Ford St.
Ft. Myers, FL 33916

I think it is appropriate that the school is located at the corner of Edison and
Ford Streets in Fort  Myers.  Edison and Ford, along with Firestone were our
most famous winter residents. Surely Edison would be a satellite operator, were
he alive today.

Thanks ops for making it happen!

73, Mike kf4fdj@amsat.org