RE: KO-23 dead?

While I don't have any further information, the recent outages on KO-23 are
probably the result of the command station in Korea switching the
transmitter off.  The OBC is not tripping out - there have not been any
crashes for 9 months on the OBC.

I would say that they are switching the transmitter off, but I'm not sure
why they do that.  Sometimes it is due to the temperature related problems
when the satellite is in continuous sunlight (although this isn't the case
now).  As has been noted, there has recently been some distortion of the
downlink when the temperature is high so maybe the Koreans are switching the
transmitter off during these periods.

Having said that, the OBC current is also getting extremely high now and it
really can't be long before it's all over.  However, when that happens, we
will still have a downlink and will be able to receive telemetry etc.

Cheers
Chris

Chris Jackson
Groundstation and Operations Manager