NOVA bug report? (DELETE if not NOVA user!!!)

Good evening,

	I have been dealing with a problem in NOVA that I thought
was in my system.  After a week of on and off playing, I find that it
might be a problem in NOVA rather than my station.

	I am using the KCT/T, Yaesu G-5400B, NOVA 2.0h, 300 MHz
P-II.  I first saw this problem weeks ago in NOVA 2.0b, and didn't give
it much thought at the time.  A week or so ago, I got to it.  I even
upgraded to NOVA 2.0h, and thought I had it fixed.  Here is what I
have found.

	While tracking MIR, flip mode does not work.  Flip mode is
when the satellite crosses the azimuth rotor brake-point.  In the
G-5400B, it is at 180 deg due south.  Flip mode should turn the
elevation rotor to 180 deg elevation, or on its back.  The Azimuth
rotor should also turn 180 deg out, to allow the track to go past
the rotor brake-point.

	When flip mode does not function, the rotor tracks the
target until it hits the brake-point.  Then it breaks lock, and spins
the azimuth rotor around 360 deg.  Since this can take about 1
minute, you lose data for this period.

	After trying various combinations of orbits,  I have found
that anything within about 20 deg of the brake-point WILL NOT
enable flip-mode.  Any orbit more than 25 deg away from the
brake-point and crossing the brake-point WILL enable flip mode.

	Any NOVA users out there, please let me know if you
have experienced this.  In fact, let me know if you have really
seen NOVA track a satellite past your brake-point when the
orbit started within 20 deg of your brake point.

	Thanks for your time.

Vy73,  Mike.  KD9KC.  MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@whc.net    -    kd9kc@amsat.org
Home  page:   http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
El Paso, where the sun spends the winter.