Re: MIR SSTV?

Jim,

Yes you are getting what you are supposed to. Of all the passes last night
we only recorded only one image, a solitary solar array against the black
speckled back ground. It seems that unless a piece of the station is in
lighting it is as black as space and will not be seen in the image. All the
other transmitted pictures were just as you described black with some noise
speckles. Tune in again this afternoon, earliest passes will have the best
chance of useful lighting.

There have been a number of reports of W95sstv jumping the mode from 36 to
76. I have been using
the ChromaPix program from the same outfit and it allows the locking of the
receiver in the selected mode. Never had a problem with it.

Let me know if you would like a jpeg of last nights image and I'll send it
over.
It seemed to me that the signals were noisier than before with more initial
fading. Polarity switching on the antennas here in New Jersey made a big
difference on some passes.

Best regards

Allen Emer N2YAC