Re: Correct operating procedure for FO-20?

Policy is to tune the higher frequency. On Fuji 20 this would be your
receive and leave the transmit alone. However, since doppler is different
for everyone within the footprint, this sometimes causes signals to
converge if too many start out in the middle of the band 145.945/435.850,
which seems common. One fellow I worked, obviously more adept at it than I,
was able to tune both uplink and downlink! I suppose consuming less '807s'
would aid my operating skills.....

At 07:24 PM 1/22/99 -0800, John Maetta wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Just got back into working the low orbit birds.  I cannot
>remember how to correclty
>tune.  Do I leave the transmit freq alone and tune my
>receiver or vise versa?
>I want to do it right.  Will also be working the VHF contest
>this weekend from CM94.
>
>Had a good sig into FO-20 tonite on its 1/23  0245 pass.   I
>will be on it again later 1/23
>0434 and bring up grid CM94 if anyone is interested.  I will
>be working CW.
>
>John
>N6VMO  CM94
>

>----