Re: RS 13

Ed,

I think what Dave was saying is that the bird is unused, read inactive, NOT that it is non-functional. Because he said, "... 15meter stations being transponded unaware,"  the bird MUST be working.
I think they would have to have a ground station in Oceania to "command" the bird off, then on.

Personally, and I think many world sat ops will concur, I hope the Russians leave the 2 meter uplink as is.  Mode KA is a good mixed mode that allows a wide range of ops/equipment access to the
bird.  I use fixed antennas to work RS13, and love that I don't have to keep a hand on the rotor box during the pass like I do on the other LEOs.

73, Mike kf4fdj@amsat.org