[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Sunsat/Oersted again postponed



     Once again for the eighth time upper air winds have postponed the
launch of these payloads.  We came within nine minutes this time!  The
surface conditions were again superb with good visibility of both the pad
and stars, but with a rather brisk North wind.
     You may have heard that some of the the South Africans have left.
Four have but two remain for just one more trial.  If this is not
successful, then Sunsat will have to be turned on from South Africa
resulting in a much later availability than the first few orbits.
     The latest information is that the next attempt is postponed
until Monday night/Tuesday morning the 25th.  Of course this may change
but apparently the Delta will have to be defuelled at this time.
Cliff Buttschardt K7RR/W6HDO



----
Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org



AMSAT Top AMSAT Home