PLAN-13 in C

Hi,

I have been an enthusiastic user of PLAN-13 for many years, and still
use the original routines on a BBC Microcomputer for all my satellite
tracking.  These routines are incorporated into a program called
ALLSAT, which selects the Keplers and formats the output.

I have always intended to convert the code to C, but never got round to it!

However I have  converted the code to run in QBASIC, and there are
three examples of its use on my web site.   These are in the packages
SATILL.ZIP, ORBILL.ZIP & U1MAG1.ZIP.

The first package calculates the average solar illumination falling
on a satellite, taking into account the solar eclipses.  Also
included is a file BBC.ZIP.   This contains a BBC BASIC interpreter
program which enables James Miller's original PLAN-13 code to be run
(with only a minor modification).  This may be of interest to any one
who does the conversion to C, and wants to compare the output with
that from the original code.

The other two packages use PLAN-13 routines as part of a process to
compare OSCAR-11's solar illumination, and magnetic field with
measured values from whole orbit data (WOD).

If any one is interested in running the QBASIC version of the
original, I may be able to find my complete conversion of the original code.

My web site is -   www.users.zetnet.co.uk/clivew/
--
73

Clive    G3CWV