Re: 24 hour hold on Sunsat/Oersted

You can monitor the Pacific Missle Range communications in preparation
for the launch with a shortwave radio. I monitored the communications
on January 16th.  You will hear control, callsign ABNORMAL working
various aircraft with the callsigns ARIA.  The ARIA aircraft are most
likely EC-135's.  There are 32 primary frequencies, and about two or three
hours before the launch ABNORMAL will come up on one of the frequencies
and announce the working frequencies.  The difficult thing is that the
communications are very fast and brief.  On the 16th ABNORMAL came up
on 6820 around 0722 UTC and announced the working frequencies of 4030,
6820, 7706 and 8060.

Hopefully there will be other people monitoring in the IRC channel
#monitor on IRCNET.  On the 16th we had about 5 people monitoring
which made things much easier to figure out.   Some servers
which might let you into IRCNET are us.ircnet.org,
irc.stealth.net, or irc.webbernet.net

Here is the list of the 32 primary freqs.  Scan all of these
and you will eventually hear ABNORMAL telling the ARIA's what
to do.  Then you will hear periodic status reports of the launch,
etc.

Good Luck ! You're going to need it !

-----CUT HERE-----
Pacific Missile Range HF Frequency List

Compiled by Keith Stein (kstein@erols.com)

http://www.isi-consulting.com

Note: All frequencies are in upper side band mode (USB).

3162
4486
4760
5700