Re: Any troubleshooters have a suggestion?

It almost sounds to me like you're getting RF feedback
into the power supply which is tripping the over-voltage
protection circuitry.

 Try 2 things:

  1)  Run a light-bulb (or some other non-radio load) of
      the expected wattage and see if the power supply
      behaves.

           If so, then:

  2)  Put a bypass capacitor across the output and/or move
      the radio and antenna further away from the power
      supply.

  -al
  WB1BQE