Miami Tropical Hamboree

The Miami Tropical Hamboree is quickly approaching (February 6-7, 1999) and
we're looking for volunteers to help man the AMSAT booth at the Hamboree.
The hamfest will be held at the Fair Expo Center, SW 112th Avenue & Coral
Way (SW 24th Street).  Miami is a major hamfest with strong attendance from
the Caribbean, Central America, and South America as well as the Southeast
US.  We need folks to volunteer for a 'tour of duty' during a portion of the
Hamboree.

We'll be in the same booth location as previous years:  Booth spaces 69-70.
Volunteers will help handle the myriad of activities that typically occur at
an AMSAT booth-handle transactions, deal with memberships and renewals,
answer questions, and serve as a representative of AMSAT.  Prior experience
in representing AMSAT at (any) hamfests is helpful but not required.
Volunteers who speak both Spanish and English would be particularly helpful.
Our primary focus is to maintain an enthusiastic, sustaining presence where
we can answer questions and build interest.

In addition to the exhibit,  the hamfest committee has scheduled an AMSAT
Forum for Saturday afternoon (1500-1600).  Check the hamfest program guide
for particulars.

If you are interested in helping out (even if only for an hour), please send
me an e-mail (wd4asw@amsat.org) and  let me know :

1.  What hours are your willing to volunteer (Please volunteer for one hour
periods or multiples thereof) during each day that the AMSAT booth is open
(Saturday 0900-1700 and  Sunday 0900-1500).  If you can help at various
times during the Hamboree, please provide a prioritization as to which
specified periods are best for you.

2.  Include your name, callsign, and e-mail address in your message.

3.  Indicate any special skills that would be helpful, such as familiarity
with specific products available through AMSAT, particularly software such
as WISP and NOVA.  While we are looking for volunteers to help with the
'crush' of normal exhibitor activities, it would be helpful to know who can
assist in software demonstrations or answer particular questions about
various aspects of our hobby during a particular shift.

Miami is a unique  opportunity to represent AMSAT to an international
audience.   If at all possible, please consider giving us a hand during this
event.

See you in Miami!

Barry A. Baines
WD4ASW