Re: SUNSAT parrot repeater

John and the group.  I attended the Sunsat launch attempt at
Vandenberg.   You have already heard that the launch was scrubbed
due to high winds overhead.  At the launch site one would never
guess this as the weather and visibility was simply superb!
     I talked with the South African launch team regarding the
parrot.  Apparently it will not be turned on for a number of weeks
after successful orbit.  Yes, it does have many of the limitation you
point out John.  Transmission length will be about ten seconds.
1200, then 9600 baud transmissions will be initiated first.  The
primary effort remains the high resolution picture taking ability.
     Another attempt will occur tonight at 1044Z or so.  I just checked
the upper air flow chart but unfortunately, the jet stream is again
very strong.   73 to all  Cliff Buttschardt  K7RR/W6HDO