Re: Very strange sigs on 29.465MHz 2041UTC

Here is some information on GTOR

 http://www.kantronics.com/gtor.htm

Another problem arises in that to my understanding, Ham radio operators in
the USA are not free to use a new transmission types without the consent of
the FCC. I believe this was seen with the advent of Spread Spectrum
Emissions and compressed files being transmitted via packet.

BTW, I like the BORG inclusion in your address Oh 2 of 6... :-)

Christopher Cox

----------
> From: Dr. Jim Akers <jakers@borg.ee.msstate.edu>
> To: Christopher Cox <cobox@netexp.net>
> Cc: Tim Hynde <ka8ddz@eaglequest.com>; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Very strange sigs on 29.465MHz  2041UTC
> Date: Friday, January 15, 1999 8:08 AM
>
> Christopher,
>
> I do not know what GTOR is but am sure this is not the same.  This
> A technique that has been 'ported over from commericial applications to
> amateur radio.  I have not listened to the 29.465 MHz signal so I cannot
> be sure it is psk but the description sounds like it could be.  This is a
> software TNC system for creating a BPSK or QPSK signal and decoding the
> same.  It was released to the amateur community late last month.
>
> Go to the web page I sent out and read the details or down load the free
> software.  It is an amazing system.
>
> 73...Jim....W5VZF.
>

> Dr. Jim Akers
> Dept. of Electrical
> and Computer Engineering
> Miss. State Univ.
>

> On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Christopher Cox wrote:
>
> > Is this not another version of/ or is GTOR?
> >
> > I really do not know, but have a GTOR tnc available.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Christopher Cox
> >
> > ----------
> > > From: Dr. Jim Akers <jakers@borg.ee.msstate.edu>
> > > To: Tim Hynde <ka8ddz@eaglequest.com>
> > > Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
> > > Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Very strange sigs on 29.465MHz  2041UTC
> > > Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 9:22 PM
> > >
> > > Tim,
> > >
> > > It could be the newest digital form of communications, PSK for
amateurs.
> > > I have been on that mode since it was announced the end of last month
and
> > > find it amazing.  Only a few hams have made the grade so far.  Guess
> > was
> > > one of the first 8 or 10 or so.
> > >
> > > For more info look at http://bipt106.bi.ehu.es/psk31.
> > >
> > > 73 de Jim.....W5VZF.