Re: Very strange sigs on 29.465MHz 2041UTC

Is this not another version of/ or is GTOR?

I really do not know, but have a GTOR tnc available.

Thanks

Christopher Cox

----------
> From: Dr. Jim Akers <jakers@borg.ee.msstate.edu>
> To: Tim Hynde <ka8ddz@eaglequest.com>
> Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Very strange sigs on 29.465MHz  2041UTC
> Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 9:22 PM
>
> Tim,
>
> It could be the newest digital form of communications, PSK for amateurs.
> I have been on that mode since it was announced the end of last month and
> find it amazing.  Only a few hams have made the grade so far.  Guess I
was
> one of the first 8 or 10 or so.
>
> For more info look at http://bipt106.bi.ehu.es/psk31.
>
> 73 de Jim.....W5VZF.
>
> Dr. Jim Akers
> Dept. of Electrical
> and Computer Engineering
> Miss. State Univ.
>

> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Tim Hynde wrote:
>
> > Is anyone else hearing this very bizzarre signal on 29.465 MHz? Sounds
like a cross between RTTY and Slow Scan, never heard anything quite like
it. Cyclical but with varying analog tones like slow scan.I thought It
might be computer noise but the S-meter is fading as usual for 10m
propagation. I figured I'd ask the Amsat group since they're more likely to
be listening up there.