FO-29 in digital mode

The last 2 passes of FO-29 found the bird in digital mode.  My opinion:
:-(

There are many more digital birds than analog birds available for
phone/cw contacts.  FO-29 is one of my favorites.  I will be counting
the days until the analog mode is toggled.  I did not hear a beacon, but
the downlink frequency of 435.910 +/- was transmitting data.

Do the control ops have the bird "in for repair," or is this a
semi-permanant shift?  Who's in the know?