Re: Navy space radar??

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, A.Bombardiere wrote:

> I plan on recording meteor echos using the Navy Space Radar System on
> 216.980 mhz.   .... my problem is that I'm not sure if the fan beam is
> on all the time...

It is on always.  It is a very narrow FAN beam from 91 degrees on the
Eastern horizon through straight up to 271 degrees on the western horizon
as seen in Kikapoo texas.  Use your satellite software to put your
observer at 33.6N and 99 W and when any object gives a bearing of 91 or
271, you should get a ping...  As long as your station can also see the
satellite at that instant.

bob, WB4APR