RE: Mode A loop antennas

First, Bob-LRD, I'll be back on the sates soon...been busy.

For 10m reception, I use a full-wave loop cut to 29.4 MHz and a 1/4 wave
section as noted in the Satellite Handbook. A recieve preamp is helpful too.
My loop at home is located in my attic and I have one made for portable use
during Field Day. As far as I can tell, another amateur checked it out and
it can be used as a transmitting antenna from 28.3 thru 29.6 MHz.; low to
none SWL. That's my $ 0.02 worth.

David Gordon - KB4LCI
dgordon@nrao.edu

..."Don't send anything via e-mail that you wouldn't want in
your personnel file..." "NEVER put a glazed doughnut on a
mouse pad..." - Richard A. Morgan