Re: Re:CROSS MODE QSO's

On Monday, 11 January 1999, John Lee wrote:

> There are quite a few operators out there who will respond
> cross-mode.  I've made quite a few QSO's with people who
> were CQ'ing on SSB and I answered them on CW because my
> SSB signal was too weak for them to copy.

Cross mode QSOs do work without question.  The only negative aspect of a
cross mode QSO that I can see John is that our QSL cards plainly state
(2xSSB) or (2xCW) under MODE.  A two-way SSB QSO means just that....both
stations using the SSB mode.  My question is this.  Would an Awards
Manager recognize a cross-mode QSO/QSL as credit toward an Award???
Perhaps one of our Award Managers hopefully reading this can answer that
question for us.

I'm not sure I'd even know how to fill out a QSL card showing that the
contact was made via cross-mode.  :-)

73 //Garie  *K8KFJ*
AMSAT #32574